5 Ways To Build Confidence & Spread LoveSarah Malouf
Ahh, Valentine’s Day…. The “day of love”. For some of you, this particular season might be filled with romance and excitement. On the other hand, some of you might have grown to resent this day all together. I gotta admit, even when I was single, I loved this celebration. (Probably mostly because I saw it as an excuse to drink wine and eat my weight in chocolate.) But more so, I think this day didn’t bother me because I didn’t let it. I chose to remain confident in who I was knowing that a commercialized holiday would not shake me.
The push for increased confidence, body positivity, and self-love is everywhere. Scroll Instagram for any more than 10 seconds and you’ll probably find an influencer telling you you should love yourself. That sounds great in theory, but if you’re anything like me, you want a plan of action. It’s one thing to preach on confidence, but another thing to encompass it.
Well, let me start by saying that I fully believe confidence starts with a choice. It starts with telling yourself something over and over until you actually believe it. If you don’t feel confident in your own skin today, that’s okay. But tell yourself you do. Seriously, write down the words “I am confident” somewhere visible and repeat those words to yourself multiple times a day. Our mind is powerful and we will start to believe what we consistently tell ourselves.
Next, start showing up for yourself in a way that the most confident version of yourself would show up. Personally, I believe taking care of YOU and prioritizing your health is one of the most substantial acts of self-love. There’s only one of you, so treat yourself like the unique individual that you are. At The Skin Consult, we cherish individuality. We know that each patient comes to us with different concerns, wants, and needs. It is our responsibility to respect you enough to manage your skin needs with personalized, unique care. In turn, we are committed to helping you see real results yielding to another boost in your confidence levels! While beauty is not only skin deep, your skin is still to be treated beautifully. It is the largest organ in/on your body and it deserves all the love! By conducting a one-on-one consultation, curating a customized regimen, and shipping your new skincare products straight to your front door, we want to be there for you and your skin every step of the way.
This Valentine’s Day, we at The Skin Consult want to remind you that you are beautiful. We hope that you know that whether you’re single, dating, or in a committed relationship, you can choose confidence and self-love. You can choose to show up for yourself. You can choose to practice self- care… and we’re here to help you do just that. We’ve compiled a list of our top five tips on how you can show up for yourself and feel the love today:
- Make a list of at least three people you are grateful for. A happy, loving YOU starts by acknowledging who and what you already have. Who are you most thankful for today?
- Share the love – Send the people on your list a text or pick up the phone & give them a quick call to let them know how much they mean to you. Both giving and receiving words of encouragement do wonders for the soul!
- Pamper yourself! At TSC we love indulging in a little “TLC” by using one of our favorite at home facial kits or masks. We recommend trying Srida Herbals’ Super Fruit Scrub & Facemask, Calecim’s Recovery Night Complex, or IS Clinical’s Fire & Ice At Home Facial Kit.
- Make V-Day plans: Whether your plans include a romantic night on the town or take out for one, give yourself something to look forward to. We can all appreciate a good “treat yo self” moment!
- Give the gift of glowing skin! What better way to say “I love you” than by treating you and your GALentines to a TSC membership?! Our plans bring customized skincare straight to your front door. From one-on-one consultations to custom curated boxes to product discounts & more. Our membership is here to elevate your regimen to reach your next-level skin goals. Join our elite skincare subscription plan and start saving today!
Ready to get started? Enroll in our new custom-curated subscription plan here. And while you wait for your first box, shop our Valentine’s sale here and be sure to use code VDAY14 at checkout between now and 2/15 to receive an additional 14% off!